The 10 Best Kid's Tool Sets
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. Kids love to imitate their parents. So let your little ones tinker away just like mom or dad does with their toolboxes with one of these kids' tool sets. Coming in bright colors with a variety of fun activities, your young builder will never know that he or she is developing important fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and color recognition. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best kid's tool set on Amazon.
10. My First Craftsman
Keep your little tyke busy with the My First Craftsman, featuring lightweight tools that are simple to operate for any imaginary project indoors or outside. Unfortunately, the case latch is extremely hard to open and most kids will have to ask for help.
- grooved bottom keeps box in place
- integrated carrying handle lies flat
- box plastic feels flimsy
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
9. Green Toys TLSB-1019
The eco-friendly Green Toys TLSB-1019 is built with both your child and planet Earth in mind. It features 15 efficient tools that are made from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs and printed with nontoxic soy inks. The tools also have lettering identifying what they are.
- dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- sturdy enough to last for years
- hardware is hard to manipulate
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
8. Little Tikes My First Toolbox
The fun-filled Little Tikes My First Toolbox is the perfect choice for 3- to 5-year-olds. All of the tools feature chunky handles that are easier for kids with limited motor skills to hold, and its durable case won't break if dropped.
- simple to clean and maintain
- large sizes reduces choking hazards
- screw bits can get lost easily
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
7. Home Depot Deluxe
Unlike many other kids' tool sets, the Home Depot Deluxe doesn't come in a bunch of bright colors. Instead it is built to imitate real tools and comes in the same colors as you normally find in Home Depot tools. It is ideal for make-believe construction.
- removable tool tray for hardware
- includes a working tape measure
- toolbox latch pops open too easily
|Brand||The home depot|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
6. Fisher-Price BMD90
The Fisher-Price BMD90 encourages creative playtime for kids who are interested in building. It comes with a power drill that has forward and reverse action and even interchangeable bits. The included tool caddy is a great way to keep the set organized and in one place.
- has slots to hammer the nails into
- drill has a long battery life
- doesn't include very many tools
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
5. Melissa & Doug Wooden Take Along
The Melissa & Doug Wooden Take Along is a creative learning tool for preschoolers to explore how a hammer and wrench work, while improving their fine motor skills. It comes with lots of smoothly sanded wood pieces that can be connected in a variety of ways.
- handle is easy to grab and go
- very sturdy construction
- hard to hammer in nails at first
|Brand||Melissa & Doug|
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
4. Theo Klein Bosch
All of the tools of the Theo Klein Bosch can be conveniently stored in the included tool belt, which allows your child to walk around the house and pretend to fix things just like a real carpenter. The tools are also easy for little hands to hold.
- belt strap is adjustable
- working adjustable wrench
- safe for kids 18 months and up
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
3. Kidoozie Cool Tools
The Kidoozie Cool Tools is an innovative play set that opens up to an activity station with shape sorting, hand-eye coordination and color recognition fun. It has toy nails that can be hammered and screws for screwing, which prompt realistic construction sounds.
- convenient size for travel
- bright colors keep kids engaged
- interactive spinning gears
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
2. Black & Decker Jr. Fun
The Black & Decker Jr. Fun is a great value considering the number of tools you get for the price. In addition to all the basic hand tools you find in most real tool sets, like screwdrivers and pliers and wrenches, it also includes a drill that actually turns.
- tools are extremely durable
- fake wood blocks for drilling into
- authentic black and decker logos
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
1. Wonderworld Work Bench-N-Box
The Wonderworld Work Bench-N-Box comes with a hammer, a wrench and a screwdriver, and hardware that he can use the tools on to be just like mommy or daddy. The workbench and all of the components are made out of kid-safe, environmentally-friendly rubberwood.
- workbench doubles as a toolbox
- all nontoxic paints and dyes
- helps improve dexterity
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|