8 Best Marine Power Cords | March 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Whenever your boat is at the docks, you might as well have access to all your electrical and electronic equipment without running the engines. But make sure you power up safely with one of these specialist marine power cords. Skip to the best marine power cord on Amazon.
For most personal boats, a cord with a 30 amp capacity is sufficient for their electrical needs, so this 10/3 Conntek Marine Shore Power 50' cord will do just fine. It also has an indicator light so you know when it has power.
- ends connect for secure storage
- 30 amp shore female connector
- male end doesn't always stay tight
The 12 foot Marinco EEL 30-Amp is a good choice that will save you money as long as your boat plug isn't too far from the shore power source. It has a high quality feel and won't deteriorate from sun exposure.
- easily engaged locking system
- safe to use to extend an existing cord
- 25' and 50' models are expensive
The ALEKO RV30-50D25 is a high quality power cord adapter that is made of 100% copper wires. It has a 30A male to 50A female detachable marine cord for connecting your RV directly to a marine vessel.
- connector is corrosion resistant
- terrific value and fast shipping
- should last for years without cracking
The Camco 55501 PowerGrip is a 25-foot option that is suitable for use in powering large boats with huge energy demands. It can also be used with RVs, so if you're a multi-vehicle family, this is a smart and affordable choice.
- patented grip handle for ease of use
- weatherproof connections
- does not come in highly visible colors
This Conntek Marine Shore Power 4 wire 50 amp extension cord is far and away the most expensive on our list, but it's also a generous length, at 50 feet, and has huge current capacity, so you never have to worry about overloading it.
- 50a 125/250v twist lock
- perfect for use on longer docks
- well-reviewed by owners