10 Best Mortar And Pestles | March 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. If home-made food means more to you than just sticking a frozen meal in the oven, then you'll definitely be interested in one of these mortar and pestles. They will let you grind your own herbs, spices and pastes for a truly made-from-scratch experience. Skip to the best mortar and pestle on Amazon.
The Bekith Brushed Stainless is sturdier than most steel sets you see, plus it comes in at an incredible price point, making it a bargain. Unfortunately, it is hollow and requires more elbow grease because of its light weight.
- contains no bpa, lead, or mercury
- non-skid rubber base ring
- gets scratched easily
The Le Creuset Stoneware is made of extra-strong high-fired stoneware, and has an enameled exterior that resists cracks or chips, even with heavy use. It is freezer, microwave, and oven safe, giving you more usage versatility.
- available in multiple colors
- great gift for any serious chef
- doesn't hold a lot of spices or food
The Vasconia Granite Molcajete has a generous four-cup capacity, so it's perfect for serving homemade guacamole or making a large amount of spice paste to last for a while. It's also great for making baby food.
- modeled after traditional native designs
- thick pestle fits comfortably in palm
- must be washed a lot before use
The StainlessLUX 75552 is a brushed stainless steel mortar and pestle that won't become discolored or absorb spices over time. It has an extra long handle and a knobbed top, which make for an easy grip and give superior control.
- dishwasher safe with rubber foot removed
- modern take on ancient tool
- comes with drawstring pouch for storage
This Ironwood Gourmet Acacia Wood is so handsome you may find yourself using it as a small serving bowl more often than as a working kitchen tool, and you'll definitely be happy to leave it on the counter as decoration.
- environmentally friendly wood
- much lighter than stone options
- easily wipes clean with damp cloth
The R.S.V.P. Marble is purpose-built for crushing even those toughest spices, like cloves and coriander, using its extra-wide-tipped pestle. It helps you create spice blends with ease, and is perfect for curries.
- slightly coarse surface creates friction
- cleans easily with water
- compact size means easy storage
The Cole and Mason Granite gets the job done, and it looks great while doing it. Leave it on the counter when you're not cooking as pure decoration. It is heavy-duty and well balanced to withstand pounding and grinding.
- original english design
- polished finish is easy to clean
- non-porous impermeable interior
|Brand||Cole & Mason|