6 Best Telescoping Paddles | December 2016
These telescoping paddles are perfect for kayaking, canoeing or for use in your yacht tender. Coming in compact and lightweight designs, you can keep one as a backup or simply to save space on your boat. Skip to the best telescoping paddle on Amazon.
Lightweight and tough both describe the Attwood Telescoping Paddle. At just a little over 1 pound, this paddle is super easy to transport and features a very durable plastic blade that withstands high impacts. But it's a bit short.
- comfortable contoured grip
- compact design is good for river tubing
- the locking mechanism is a bit finicky
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
With its corrosion-resistant aluminum shaft, high-impact molded blade, sturdy boat hook handle, and nylon carrying case, this Kwik Tek Airhead telescoping paddle is ready to take on almost any type of outdoor water adventure.
- lightweight at around 1.4 pounds
- easy-to-adjust twist-lock mechanism
- warranty is limited and only for 90 days
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Davis Instruments 4372 comes in particularly handy during an emergency, when getting a raft or dinghy hooked up quickly is important. Its bright orange paddle end can also double as a signaling device for extra safety.
- paddle is designed to float in water
- it is made in the usa
- it's on the bulky side
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
With a simple twist, the Yamaha MAR-DLXPA-DL-42 boasts a telescoping range of 20-45 inches. Its aluminum shaft is also capable of completely collapsing down into the blade section, making it super easy to store under boat seats.
- shaft is corrosion-resistant
- built-in boat hook handle
- hassle-free locking device
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
Perfect for paddlers using kayaks with both high and low seating positions, the Bending Branches Angler Classic Plus delivers extra-long polymer blades for superior control. Its 2-piece shaft can also be angled from 0 to 60 degrees.
- has a built-in tape measure
- telescopes from 240 to 255 centimeters
- bright orange color is attractive
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The Aqua-Bound Spindrift Plus has been constructed with a multi-laminate fiberglass compression molding, handmade fiberglass blades, and a proprietary resin and foam core, offering the ultimate in both comfort and ease of use.
- t700 carbon shaft with ovalized grips
- adjustable telescoping ferrule
- very easy to assemble and to take apart
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|