6 Best Telescoping Paddles | December 2016
These telescoping paddles are perfect for kayaking, canoeing or for use in your yacht tender. Coming in compact and lightweight designs, you can keep one as a backup or simply to save space on your boat. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best telescoping paddle on Amazon.
The Attwood Telescoping Paddle is both lightweight and tough. At just a little over 1 pound, this paddle is super easy to transport and features a very durable plastic blade that withstands high impacts. But it's a bit short.
- comfortable contoured grip
- compact design for river tubing
- finicky locking mechanism
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
With its corrosion-resistant aluminum shaft, high-impact molded blade, sturdy boat hook handle, and nylon carrying case, this Kwik Tek Airhead telescoping paddle is ready to take on almost any type of outdoor water adventure.
- lightweight at around 1.4 pounds
- easy-to-adjust twist-lock mechanism
- warranty is limited and only for 90 days
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Davis Instruments 4372 comes in particularly handy during an emergency, when getting a raft or dinghy hooked up quickly is important. Its bright orange paddle end can also double as a signaling device for extra safety.
- paddle is designed to float in water
- it is made in the usa
- it's on the bulky side
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
With a simple twist, the Yamaha MAR-DLXPA-DL-42 boasts a telescoping range of 20-45 inches. Its aluminum shaft is also capable of completely collapsing down into the blade section, making it super easy to store under boat seats.
- shaft is corrosion-resistant
- built-in boat hook handle
- hassle-free locking device
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
Perfect for paddlers using kayaks with both high and low seating positions, the Bending Branches Angler Classic Plus delivers extra-long polymer blades for superior control. Its 2-piece shaft can also be angled from 0 to 60 degrees.
- has a built-in tape measure
- telescopes from 240 to 255 centimeters
- bright orange color is attractive
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The Aqua-Bound Spindrift Plus has been constructed with a multi-laminate fiberglass compression molding, handmade fiberglass blades, and a proprietary resin and foam core, offering the ultimate in both comfort and ease of use.
- t700 carbon shaft with ovalized grips
- adjustable telescoping ferrule
- very easy to assemble and to take apart
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|