10 Best Work Knee Pads | May 2017
We spent 23 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. If you’re a plumber, electrician, flooring contractor, cleaner or an avid gardener – or anyone who spends extended time working on their hands and knees – it’s essential to protect your joints and ligaments from repetitive strain and damage. Check out our selection of work knee pads to find a pair that will help keep you comfortable and healthy. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best work knee pad on Amazon.
The trusted McGuire-Nicholas Tuff is designed with a contoured shape that works well on all surface types. It’s built with a tri-buckle closure system, which keeps it in place, but the bottom edge digs into your knee after a while.
- easy to spray surface clean
- rugged and weather-resistant
- not ideal for thin legs
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
Constructed of a neoprene material that is super-soft to the touch and flexible, the Crain 197 stays in place whether you're kneeling or knee-kicking. It can be worn under or over pants and shorts without compromising any of the comfort.
- slides easily for installing floors
- complete knee wraparound design
- can tear on abrasive surfaces
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
Versatile and simple to adjust to various leg sizes, the Fiskars Ultra Light features a soft foam liner that mitigates irritation and discomfort. The exterior is tough enough to provide security for your knee when working on a variety of surfaces.
- moisture-proof outer shell
- includes lifetime warranty
- requires occasional repositioning
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
Despite its extremely hard and rigid design, the TSE Safety 2.0 is constructed in a way that allows it to bend and flex with the natural motion of your knee. It also features shock-absorbing grip strips, which prevent it from sliding.
- dual density inner foam pad
- air vent system to reduce sweating
- narrow straps may dig into legs
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Troxell USA Original is made out of a premium wetsuit material for durability and all-weather use. Plus, this ensures it can easily be washed for everyday wear, and its lightweight design is effective in minimizing fatigue.
- comfortable to wear with shorts
- does not pinch or bind
- tends to slip around
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
Equipped with everything you need to make your job easier, the DeWalt Professional includes a convenient upper tab for easy positioning and layered gel technology integrated into its cushioned padding for maximum stability.
- heavy-duty clips do not pop loose
- resilient caps do not skid
- upper strap is unreliable
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
Nobody wants a knee pad that constantly shifts, which is why the NoCry Professional utilizes flexible neoprene straps to accommodate a wide range of leg sizes and knee shapes. Built to withstand heavy use, it feels like your own personal knee pillow.
- scratch-resistant shell
- slip-buckle clips for custom fit
- double-stitched to prevent rips
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The KP Industries Ultra Flex offers complete protection, with a tough plastic outer shell that covers the entire knee and a hinged design that won't hinder your movement. Its replaceable, abrasion-resistant straps are a nice touch.
- speed clips snap easily into place
- straps reinforced with sewn ends
- available in 5 color options
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
Work’s difficult enough; when it requires you to sacrifice your body, it can become a literal pain. The Gamba Tools Elite is designed to provide real comfort, reduce overall knee fatigue, and allow you to do your job without worrying about irritation.
- extra-wide breathable straps
- offers extensive range of motion
- strong hook-and-loop fasteners
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
Durable and hip, the Troxell USA Leatherhead has a patented Velcro front strap that can be fastened quickly and easily without causing pinching or rashes. It’s made in the United States and machine washable for easy maintenance.
- vast surface area for max protection
- encased in forgiving neoprene
- easy to put on and take off
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|