8 Best Yogurt Makers | December 2016
If you prefer home-made to store bought, then one of these yogurt makers may be perfect for your kitchen. From Greek-style to fruity, these machines will let you customize your treats however you like them best. Skip to the best yogurt maker on Amazon.
The Oster CKSTYM1012 is a versatile machine, allowing the user to make six individual batches or one large batch. The manufacturer also includes a Greek yogurt strainer, and you can use any milk, including soy or coconut.
- containers store neatly in each other
- only requires three steps
- instructions are somewhat confusing
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Yogourmet Electric machine operates by way of a water bath system that provides consistent, ideal temperatures for yogurt making. If you want to take it to a party, it is a compact, one-piece design that travels easily.
- ideal for a specific carbohydrate diet
- kit includes a thermometer
- lid doesn't let you view the process
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Dash Greek comes in fun, energizing colors, like hot pink and sky blue, and the bucket the yogurt is made in is small enough to take to a picnic. Plus you get access to the brand's growing database of recipes.
- hidden cord storage
- makes both regular and greek yogurt
- must add a little store bought yogurt
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Euro Cuisine YMX650 makes seven 6 oz. servings of yogurt. You can use the included jars or your own containers, plus it lets you control the thickness of your yogurt, and includes starter cultures.
- ideal for making home smoothies
- extra storage space in top for the lids
- simple two-button operation
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
This Aroma AYM-606 comes with eight BPA-free, machine washable plastic cups. It also has an intuitive digital interface with a fully customizable timer, so you can make several recipes, and it has an automatic shut-off feature.
- works with glass canning jars
- cup lids are leak-resistant
- top screws on easily
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The Epica Organic is ideal for those new to making yogurt, with an easy-start manual that's full of two-minute recipes. It also includes charming mason-style jars that can be used as serving dishes.
- low profile fits on cramped counters
- includes a 32-inch polarized power cable
- easy-lift knob on top
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The Euro Cuisine YM80 makes delicious yogurt with a creamy consistency on the first batch, and doesn't create a filmy layer on the top. Plus you can add fruit and watch the cooking process through the large clear lid.
- light indicates the machine is working
- low price for a quality product
- easy to learn how to use
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The Cuisinart CYM-100 has the fermentation process down to an art, and it includes a cool-down system so your yogurt is ready to eat when it comes out. The LED display counts down your processing time, too.
- the machine is very quiet
- includes a small scoop
- stainless steel accents
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|