10 Best Balance Beams | April 2017
Whether you have a budding gymnastics star in the family or are looking for a fun activity for preschoolers that will help develop coordination skills, one of these balance beams will be perfect for your needs. They're built to be both safe for kids and durable. Skip to the best balance beam on Amazon.
The Guide Craft Eco is a budget friendly option constructed of solid birch wood that will last for years. It can be used on the wide side or narrow side depending on your skill level, so it is great for multi-kid homes.
- stays securely in place and won't wobble
- narrow width for advanced users
- hard surface can hurt if you fall on it
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Team Sports has a unique rolling design that is easy to set up and take down. All you have to do is unroll it on a flat surface and it is ready to use. Plus it is light enough that young kids can move it with ease.
- 6" wide for easier balancing
- extremely compact when rolled up
- foam needs to be denser
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
Kids will enjoy fitness and learning at the same time with the Everlast Climbing WeeKidz. It integrates brightly colored letters and numbers on a 3 inch foam covered vinyl surface, making it a good teaching tool in preschools, gym classes, or gymnastics.
- attach multiple beams via velcro
- great for therapy facilities
- number letter beams sold separately
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The 9-foot long Z-Athletic is a lightweight training tool that is great for practicing dance jumps and leaps. It is easy to set up in minutes, and it folds in half for convenient storage and transport.
- comes in 3 color options
- has a soft texture for your feet
- bouncy foam may throw some off balance
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Joom Beem is a low profile option that rises just 7" off the ground. It is covered with a beautiful tactile purple suede, and comes with black oxide coated steel braces that are removable, so you can use it flat on the ground.
- can be folded for storage and transport
- rubber leg end caps to protect floors
- attaching the legs can be confusing
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Children's Factory CF321-303 helps toddlers master their balancing skills in a safe way, with an extra wide base and a soft cushioned covering to prevent any injuries. It's a great way to create challenging and fun exercises.
- raises only 9" off the floor
- great for kids who love to climb
- would be better if it was longer
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The SPRI Airex Balance is made with tear-resistant foam with closed cell construction. It provides a flat and stable nonslip footing that makes it comfortable and easy to use for almost any skill level.
- sanitized to inhibit bacterial growth
- easily cleaned with a damp cloth
- slips a bit on wooden floors
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
For realistic training, turn to The Beam Store PK8001. It is a competition style beam with the same rounded edges professionals use, and it is constructed of cross grain laminated wood that provides strength without flexing.
- 12" wide steel support braces
- no exposed staples for added safety
- brace padding prevents damage to floors
|Brand||The Beam Store|
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The durable Rc Beams is a great beginner's balance beam that is ideal for all ages. Its water resistant beam is covered by an absorbent padding and marine grade vinyl, so it will stand up to years of use.
- height and length can be customized
- high end timber doesn't warp or twist
- can be used indoors or outside
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The innovative Tumbl Trak Brianna is constructed with a solid wood core and 1/4" rubber cell padding on top. It has a brown suede covering, making it soft on the feet and great for barefoot practice.
- no tools required to assemble
- attractive studded vinyl legs
- can connect multiple beams together
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|