The 6 Best Glass Grinders
Working with the beautiful, but brittle, medium of glass can present the artist or craftsman a formidable challenge. With the right tools, however, you can learn to control this unique material, creating objects that are both functional and gorgeous. We assessed these grinders on their ease-of-use, versatility, and durability. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best glass grinder on Amazon.
6. Glastar Corporation Super Star II
The Glastar Corporation Super Star II is compact, with a nine-inch by eight-inch work surface. That allows it to fit on almost any desk, table, or countertop with ease. That smaller size and the tool's relatively low profile mean convenient storage when your work is done.
- straight edge guide included
- built-in grinder head storage
- shards catch in grid too easily
|Brand||Glass with Vicki Payne|
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
5. Gryphon Twister Grinder
The Gryphon Twister Grinder features a unique two-position base. Within seconds, the device can convert from a standard flat table orientation to an inclined position that many artisans find more comfortable, and which offers an ideal view of your work.
- no tools needed for bit change
- virtually splash-free cooling
- expensive compared to similar units
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
4. Diamond Tech Power Max II
This Diamond Tech Power Max II has a 1/8 horsepower motor that ensures steady rotation speeds even as you bear down with thicker pieces of glass. The unit comes with two custom-fit sponge holders and two different sizes of chrome-hardened silver bullet bits.
- excellent cooling system
- easy-glide work surface
- often leaks water during operation
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
3. Dremel MiniMite
The two-speed Dremel MiniMite rotary tool is the perfect handheld grinder for adding those minute adjustments and accents to pieces of glass art or hardware. It can be used to make decorative surface etchings, to smooth corners or edges, or to remove imperfections.
- convenient cordless design
- eight bits come with order
- also good for woodworking or metals
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
2. Glastar All Star G8
The Glastar All Star G8 features a working area that is one-fifth larger than that of most similar devices. That means more convenience and less risk or breakage when you are shaping larger pieces of glass, such as might be used with lampshades, windows, and more.
- built-in accessory drawer
- scratch-resistant eye shield lens
- flexible rubber splash guard
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
1. Gryphon Corporation Gryphette Diamond Grinder
The Gryphon Corporation Gryphette Diamond Grinder is affordably priced and well-made, both of which the hobbyist will appreciate. Its 3/4-inch post accepts all standard bits, so you can customize the tool to meet your project's needs over and over again.
- reliably stall-free motor
- backed by 5-year warranty
- superlative reviews from users
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|