10 Best Pushup Bars | April 2017
We spent 18 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. If you want a fitness program that doesn't include costly gym memberships, or simply need some equipment to keep up your workouts when traveling, check out our selection of portable pushup bars. They will keep you in tip-top condition just about anywhere, from a home gym to the office to a hotel room. Skip to the best pushup bar on Amazon.
The Elite Push Up are one of the highest rated push up stands for two reasons. They are low cost and produce impressive results. They do feel a bit flimsy though, and you shouldn't expect them to last for years.
- come with a free jump rope
- split the load evenly across muscles
- handles are uncushioned hard plastic
|Brand||Elite sportz equipment|
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Perfect Pushup Elite have a steel ball bearing system that enables a very smooth rotation for users, so there are no jerky motions, minimizing the chance of injuries. They are very sturdy and can support up to 400 lbs.
- include a 21-day workout program
- wide handles help distribute your weight
- can sometimes slide during workouts
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The JFIT Pro Pushup are taller than most other stands, giving them a wider range of motion, so you can really hit deep into the chest muscle. They can even be used for dips to target the triceps without hitting the chest. It's lightweight and easy to assemble.
- rubber end caps prevent slippage
- a bit wobbly during intense workouts
- handles aren't very comfortable
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Garren Fitness Maximiza have an interesting design that is more stable than traditional pushup bars, and also makes them more compact for travel. Each one has a 22 mm diameter, which is better for smaller hands.
- made from one solid piece of steel
- come with a full color instruction guide
- need more cushioning on the grips
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Rush Sports Pushup Stands have no moving parts, screws, or bolts to break, so they will last through years of intense workouts. They are also very stable to ensure you have a safe, but effective, workout every time.
- rounded tubular steel bar design
- perfect height for a deep chest workout
- feet sometimes fall off when lifting
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
Tony Horton's PowerStands are the pushup bars of choice for the P90X aficionados out there. They are made from a premium ABS plastic that won't corrode or rust over time, and have non-slip material on the base.
- angled handles for reduced wrist strain
- very stable circular base
- seem a little overpriced
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Red Gecko Fitness Stands are made from super-strong PVC resin, which can withstand repeated daily use, and their foam-wrapped legs prevent slipping during workouts. Their bright blue and white colors stand out in any gym.
- quickly disassemble to toss in gym bag
- promote proper push-up form
- extremely lightweight and portable
|Brand||Red Gecko Fitness|
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Maximum Fitness Gear Power Press has a unique color coded board that lets you know where to position the grips based on the muscle group you want to target. It's probably the best choice for beginners.
- includes a tone and burn workout dvd
- cushioned hand grips are comfortable
- ideal for body builders up to 300 lbs
|Brand||Maximum Fitness Gear|
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The Product Stop Push Ups have unique rounded bottoms, unlike most other brands that come with flat bottoms. This lets you focus on improving your balance and increasing strength at the same time.
- reduces wrist pressure and strain
- hard plastic handles last forever
- store together as a single round piece
|Brand||Product Stop, Inc|
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The IsoShred IsoCoreX are completely omnidirectional, meaning you can literally move in any direction. They allow for a wide range of motion to tweak your workout as needed and provide more intense contractions.
- very sturdy, but take some practice
- will quickly increase your strength
- small enough to be stored in a drawer
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|