8 Best Rear Bike Baskets | December 2016
So the only reason you don't cycle to work or school is because you have to carry a ton of books or a laptop and papers of all kinds? That excuse is eradicated with our selection of rear bike baskets. Now you can get fit while transporting yourself in an environmentally friendly manner. Some of them are big enough for occasional grocery shopping, too. You're welcome. Skip to the best rear bike basket on Amazon.
The Wald #582 Folding Rear Mounted bike basket collapses flat when not in use, so you can leave it on your bike or pop it off and tuck it away in a closet or under a bed. When opened up, it offers you room for two standard grocery bags.
- mounts unobtrusively on side of rack
- tends to knock a bike off balance
- rusts easily if not cared for
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
The Solvit Tagalong Pet Bicycle Basket creates a posh place for your adventurous dog or cat to enjoy a bike ride. It is lined with a plush faux sheepskin fabric that can be removed and washed as needed, and it has a roof to provide shade and light rain protection.
- supports pets weighing up to 13 lbs.
- comes with 1 year warranty
- attaching may need additional hardware
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Sunlite Rack Top Wire Basket isn't going to win any beauty contests, but this simple, solid basket sure can tote plenty of weight. It is made from coated steel rods and and can be securely mounted to most bikes, ready for use by the messenger or tourist alike.
- good price for sturdy unit
- rust and corrosion resistant
- too large for some bikes
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Bell Basil Weave Rear bicycle basket looks like an old-fashioned classic right out of the early half of the 20th century but, in fact, it is made from modern, synthetic materials that render it water-resistant and weatherproof, so go ahead and bike in the rain.
- reinforced bottom and sides
- great for picnics, day trips
- slightly overpriced option
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
Whether you're delivering fruit to the local small-town grocer or just carrying your books to and from class, the Pure City Cycles Classic Rear Mount Wooden Crate will help you do it with panache. It's large, stable, and will protect any goods you load into it.
- made from pine and/or cedar
- comes in seven color options
- too bulky for some smaller bikes
|Brand||Pure Fix Cycles|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The lightweight, yet durable, M-Wave Wide Wire bicycle basket connects to most rear bicycle platforms with ease. It also happens to be the perfect size for most moderate grocery shopping trips and has a handle convenient for carrying it in just that capacity.
- sturdy steel mesh holds even small items
- dual bottom hooks for easy attachment
- additional straps needed with heavy load
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The pannier-style design of the Wald 520 Rear Twin Bicycle carrier basket allows you to load your bike up with plenty of poundage. The dual compartments help to keep your bicycle balanced as long as you evenly fill the baskets, so this is a great choice for longer trips.
- central wired platform adds cargo space
- good reviews from owners
- made in the united states
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
In terms of both timeless charm and remarkable ease of use it's hard to beat the Nantucket Tremont Rear Cargo Basket for adding some style and storage capacity to your bike. The basket easily attaches to most mounting platforms and has a wide mouth for easy loading.
- available in several colors
- thick durable rattan weaving
- fast attachment with velcro straps
|Brand||Nantucket Bike Basket C|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|