10 Best Strike Shields | March 2017
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Thai boxers, MMA fighters and regular pugilists will be able to get a thorough workout without damaging their trainers when hammering on one of these resilient strike shields. These durable pads can help you improve striking force, accuracy and stamina, plus they make for an excellent workout tool for anyone who wants to release all the frustrations of the day. Skip to the best strike shield on Amazon.
The Everlast 7330B has a high quality construction combined with premium synthetic leather to create a super resilient strike shield with a high density foam that really absorbs impacts. The only letdown is the poor stitching on the straps, which may need to be reinforced.
- good choice for home use
- as tough as shields at twice the price
- small straps are hard to fit on arms
If you need a low cost option for your son or daughter who may not stick with the sport for very long, then the MECO One is a reasonable option. At roughly $10, it will get the job done, but, obviously, isn't intended to be a final solution.
- can be used for punching and kicking
- negates impact force from most angles
- pad is smaller than most kick pads
Not only does the RDX MMA look cool, but it does an effective job of absorbing hard impacts because of the gel integrated into the foam padding. It features patent pending Dual Dynamic Force Straps that allow you to hold on better no matter how hard the kick.
- maya hide leather construction
- pressure point porelle membrane dome
- leather cover cracks with heavy use
The Tiger Claw is good for beginners and light use. Its not designed for heavy hitters, but its balance of price and durability make it the perfect choice for younger teenagers looking to practice at home. It's also lightweight for less trainer fatigue.
- mesh vents let out air during impact
- handles on the top, bottom, and sides
- a bit on the narrow side
The Ring to Cage RC86H has a curved pad for better kick absorption and increased maneuverability. It features 6 different fully reinforced hand grips, so you can comfortably support the pad from a variety of angles, plus its red and black contrasting colors look striking.
- multi-layered foam padding
- synthetic leather shell
- designed for heavy hitters
|Brand||Ring to Cage|
The WOLON PU comes in three color options, so you might even be able to find one that matches your dojo. It has an adjustable arm band and elastic wrist band offering a firm grip, and it has multiple layers of padding to help absorb hard impacts.
- handles reinforced with rivets
- suitable for daily training
- filled with high potency foam
The Krav Maga Tombstone has angled sides that let your punches and kicks slide off if you don't hit the central portion, just like the human body. It has four reinforced handles and two tactical elastic bands to help your training partner keep a firm hold on it.
- vinyl coated ripstop polyester
- made in the usa with local components
- helps improve strike accuracy