The 8 Best Snorkeling Backpacks
We spent 28 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. If you're heading out to the ocean blue to spend some time admiring coral reefs and colorful tropical fish, don't let lugging all your gear to the site be a painful chore. These snorkeling backpacks make it easy to stash and tote your mask, snorkel and fins, and come in designs that can accommodate up to two snorkelers' equipment. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best snorkeling backpack on Amazon.
8. U.S. Divers Coast Bag
The U.S. Divers Coast Bag snorkeling backpack is a slim and compact unit that can't handle larger fins, but it's a great choice for the snorkeler who values an ergonomic design. The pack is adjustable and comfortable making it a good choice for long trips to the dive site.
- external loops for attaching gear
- heavy-duty nylon construction
- not as much drainage as other bags
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
7. Mares Cruise Mesh Backpack Deluxe
The large main compartment of the Mares Cruise Mesh Backpack Deluxe can hold fins and snorkels for two snorkelers, so it's perfect for the couple who wants to head out for some shared aquatic fun. It also has a large external pocket that should hold a pair of masks.
- twin rubber duffel-style handles
- also good for a single diver's gear
- slightly overpriced option
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
6. ScubaPro Fin Snorkel Beach Bag
The ScubaPro Fin Snorkel Beach Bag is available in bright yellow, a color that's easy to spot from a distance, even underwater. Wear it to carry your gear and also to help the other members in your snorkeling party keep tabs on one another when enjoying the ocean.
- padded carry handle
- weighs approx. 1 pound
- material rips easily if punctured
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
5. SKORCH Original Waterproof Backpack
If you're more concerned with keeping your things dry than with letting them drip dry after use, the SKORCH Original Waterproof Backpack is a great choice for you. Stuff all your dry clothes, your camera and other sundries into this bag and know they're safe from splashes.
- large enough for most fins
- thickly padded shoulder straps
- good price for good quality bag
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
4. Mesh Drawstring Snorkel Bag
This Mesh Drawstring Snorkel Bag from 101Snorkel isn't a bag you'd want to wear during a long hike, as its straps aren't well-padded, but it's affordable and reliable and almost entirely made out of mesh, so your wet gear will dry quickly in this bag.
- drawstring top closure
- single separate zippered pocket
- free carabiner included with order
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
3. ScubaMax Snorkeling and Diving Gear
The ScubaMax Snorkeling and Diving Gear bag can accommodate all the gear a serious snorkeling trip requires and can even be used by scuba divers, as long as they have another way to carry their actual tanks. It has protective pockets perfect for masks and regulators.
- durable nylon zippers
- concealed interior pocket
- backed by full manufacturer's warranty
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
2. Aqua Lung Sport Deluxe Snorkeling
Despite its name, the Aqua Lung Sport Deluxe Snorkeling bag is really not that deluxe of an option, but it's very low priced and more than suitable for use by the occasional snorkeling enthusiast. The bag has multiple mesh panels to allow for good water drainage.
- single adjustable padded shoulder strap
- holds fins up to 22.5" long
- holds one complete set of snorkel gear
|Brand||Aqua Lung Sport|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
1. Promate Backpack Style Snorkeling Bag
This Promate Backpack Style Snorkeling Bag has several compartments perfect for stashing your mask, an underwater camera, and other accessories. Its generous main compartment can accommodate a large pair of fins measuring up to 29 inches in length.
- zippered water bottle pouch
- carry loop on top
- great reviews from users
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|