10 Best Hard Sided Little Dog Carriers | April 2017
We spent 23 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. These hard sided little dog carriers are perfect for transporting your smaller pooches to the vet or even on vacation. We've included a variety of designs to suit anyone's style, along with some airline approved models for longer trips. Skip to the best hard sided little dog carrier on Amazon.
For budget conscious pet owners, the Catit White Tiger Voyager meets your needs without sacrificing style or convenience. It has a lightweight build, top petting door and a molded waste collection gutter, but the overall construction doesn't seem super durable.
- fits under an airline seat
- door is easy to lock and unlock
- plastic clips are a bit flimsy
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
The Aspen Pet Taxi is an inexpensive choice with a lot of personality thanks to its variety of color choices. It has a top opening design that makes it easy to take out skittish pets during vet visits, but it's probably not built for longer trips.
- includes a detachable small dish
- holds pets from 7 to 9 inches tall
- not as sturdy as other brands
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
With the Favorite PET090300801 you can travel worry-free knowing that your pooch is safe and secure. This 23" airline approved kennel includes a shoulder strap for hands-free carrying, but the latches are a bit hard to release, which is a pain when you're in a rush.
- includes screws for added security
- disassembles to 3 pieces for storage
- front door is hard to attach
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
If you're looking for a carrier that meets most airline requirements, check out the Petmate Sky Kennel. It features a heavy duty plastic shell, durable wire doors that interlock for added security and plastic wing-nuts that won't corrode over time.
- live animals imprinted on the side
- accommodates dogs up to 15 pounds
- too big as a carry-on luggage
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Ferplast Atlas 10 boasts a simple crate design with a useful top opening and side ventilation grills. The size is perfect to carry around without much bulk, plus it comes with a soft cotton cushion to ensure the most comfortable ride.
- available in blue or purple
- solid plastic-coated door
- a bit pricier than other brands
|Model||CARRIER ATLAS 10 OPEN|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
If you're willing to spend a little more for a deluxe carrier, the Catit Cabrio makes a fine choice. It is well balanced when transporting your pet, plus it has a pull-out tray for easy refilling of food or water without having to open the hatch.
- convenient clear front cover
- can be secured to your vehicle
- a bit hard to assemble
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
With an innovative 2-door design, the PetMate 21227 makes it a cinch to access your furry friend in the most convenient way. Its steel front door has a secure latch for maximum safety, and it offers great visibility to your pet at all times.
- wing nut and bolt locks smoothly
- built with strong steel and plastic
- ample room to move around
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
Made of a durable wire and resin construction, the Suncast PCR1913A keeps your pet safe, while providing a well-ventilated room during your travels by car or plane. As an added bonus, it includes a food and water tray for on-the-go convenience.
- available in 2 sizes
- handle is comfortable
- comes fully assembled
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The Favorite Carrier is a smart way to transport your pet for vet visits, short getaways or for use as temporary housing while cleaning a crate. Its large top opening creates easy access, while the transparent lid makes it convenient to take quick glances.
- 4 secure locks click tightly
- well balanced with 2 handles
- very simple to clean and maintain
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The Trixie Capri won't cramp your style while you travel with your pet thanks to its attractive 2-tone design. It's the perfect size for rabbits, cats, and small dogs, plus it comes with a comfortable handle on top and a slit for use with a car seat belt.
- very sturdy plastic construction
- creates a dark cave-like feel
- very stable on the ground
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|